Moving to a new home after your mortgage is final might be stressful. Many people will try packing their home equipment on their own. But this act will only make things strenuous for you. The excitement of the new home after getting mortgage approval is high. So the best option is to hire a moving company with outstanding reviews. Most of them move items both locally and interstate-wise.
However, owning a new home takes a lot of planning. You need to find an excellent agent to help walk you through this process. Also, remember that you can shop online for houses before the physical inspection. If you’re low on cash, refinancing is always an option to consider. A good mortgage agent can guide you through this process. But you must always plan for everything.
Based on the house you’re moving to, you can choose a moving company with a suitable truck size for your belongings. Pick a day to pack your items and transfer them to your new home. If you have kids, you can fill their items in a different box. There are so many ways to sort and color grade your items when packing and relocating. So do your research and stick to a style you will remember.
Then you must identify a company with good professionals. How do you find those? Below are some questions to help serve as a guide for you. Following these tips will help you get good movers and also reduce the stress of moving to a new place.
- Can I see a quote? First, you need to do some quote shopping. Ask three moving companies to give you a quote. This will help influence your final decision. You can enquire about their business history and check if they have a solid foundation. Check for repeated complaints from customers. Ask for their license and insurance too. Then ask these companies for references and get these references’ experience working with the movers.
- What services do I expect? When moving to a new home, you might need special services. Feel free to ask these companies if they can cater to your needs. You might need to move your car, a fragile artifact, a musical instrument, or anything else. Some movers also offer loading options. You can weigh this and others to check what’s best for your budget and time.
- Can I get an estimate? This opportunity helps with concrete comparison for movers. When you get an estimate for your home, you know your spending limit. Feel free to ask about any additional fees. To enable you to plan ahead. Beware that some companies charge based on your location and pickup date. So, provide this information before the estimate is reached.
- How safe are my items? Moving to a new home can be confusing, with home items scattered all over. A good idea is a home inventory to help with organization. Some movers use an inventory to monitor your belongings for safekeeping. With long-distance movement, they can always tick items off the checklist at arrival. So always use home inventories when moving.
- What if something gets damaged? Mistakes are bound to happen sometimes. Professional movers give cash for the replacement of these items in most cases. But the cost is always the determinant, and expensive options carry some damage protection. This means you get some value for any missing or damaged items. But all these must be documented and included in the services offered by these moving companies.
When you arrive at your new home, check your belongings. Inspect for damages and any missing items too. Check your property to be sure that movers didn’t damage anything important. Take pictures of things for better documentation. Report any missing item to the moving company. If you’re satisfied with a company, leave a review online for others to check out. This can help sway decisions.
Moving into a new home should be smooth and easy. If you haven’t decided on what type of home you want, contact us. Get the best rates for mortgages and professional advice from industry experts. Find out more tips on buying a condo, refinancing your mortgage, mortgage interests, and more here.